Even if we start with good and healthy teeth as babies, growing years eventually take a toll of them. And then follows staining, chipping and other damages. It is, however, normal for the teeth to become stained or discolored even after proper hygiene and care. To turn back the clock on aging with whiter teeth, you have a variety of options to choose from:
- Brushing after a meal or a drink – this works if you are an avid coffee drinker or a smoker. Also, it takes a lot of persistence to stick to this habit.
- Baking soda with hydrogen peroxide – this is a great natural teeth whitener. Mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda, making sure that the paste is not gritty. It should be runnier than the regular pastes, otherwise it may scrub the enamel right off the teeth. Brush your teeth as usual with the paste and enjoy the results!
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV) – ACV works best as a mouth and gum cleaner. It helps to remove stubborn stains of coffee and nicotine. However, excessive use may harm the teeth enamel.
- Home whitening kits or over-the-counter kits – they are cheap and easy to use. The results may not be as dramatic as professional whitening procedures and may take relatively longer time.
- Professional whitening treatments – the results are much faster than home whitening kits and treatments. They are considerably safer. Your dentist gives you a full evaluation prior to the treatment. Upon treatment you can have teeth between 5 and 10 shades whiter within 45 minutes!
To know more about professional teeth whitening procedures, contact , Green Meadow Dental, at 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111 (860)-865-0056. Many people from Rocky Hill come to our office because we are conveniently located next to Target. Our flexible hours and family dental practice makes it easy for busy families to schedule visits for both parents and children. We also service patients from surrounding areas including Plainville, Portland and Cromwell.