Gaps between the teeth, referred to as “diastema” are one of the most common dental issues experienced by people of all ages. Gaps in the teeth can occur due to many reasons. Sometimes some teeth may be disproportionately smaller than the others and that can lead to gaps. In other cases, missing teeth may allow other teeth to spread out creating gaps. However, nothing to worry! There are various ways to fix gaps between the teeth.
Following are the most common dental techniques used to fix gaps between the teeth:
- Dental bondingis a process where a tooth-colored resin material is used and hardened using special light treatment. This forms “bonds” between the material and the tooth and fills the gap.
- Dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap placed over an implant tooth to provide tooth-like shape and strength. They are usually made of porcelain or ceramic to match the color of your natural teeth.
- Dental Implant is an artificial tooth that is secured in the jawbone to hold a replacement tooth or bridge.
- Denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues.
- Dental Veneer is an ultra-thin shell made of ceramic or porcelain which is an effective way to restore chipped, crooked or broken teeth and teeth having gaps.
Hence, to know which of the above techniques will work the best for you, consult your dentist to fix the gaps between your teeth and restore your smile.
For cosmetic dentistry needs, contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111, or call: (860)-865-0056. Families from Meriden find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of Dr. Mukund. We service patients from areas including Berlin, Glastonbury and Rocky Hill.