Problems detected by dental X-rays:
In adults dental X-rays can detect:
- Areas of tooth decay not visible with oral exam, particularly when decay has happened in small areas that can’t be easily detected.
- Changes in bone or root canal that have been infected
- An abscess (an infection that is formed at the root of a tooth or between gums and tooth).
- Developmental abnormalities like cysts and some tumors
- Decay beneath an existing filling
Reasons your dentist might recommend X-rays:
Dentists perform X-rays to determine if there is any kind of problem inside the mouth, like cavities, abscesses and decay. The common dental illness detected by dentists is:
Cavities or decay:
If you are suffering from severe pain and your teeth appear corroded, dentists will perform an X-ray exam before repairing the infected tooth. Your dentist will check to see if the cavity is causing tooth pain.
An initial exam is a dental check-up procedure. The dentist will look for any kind of dental problem and observe the development pattern of teeth.
Many people from Farmington come to our office because we are conveniently located next to Target. Our flexible hours and family dental practice makes it easy for busy families to schedule visits for both parents and children. For further information on dental care contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington CT 06111 (860)-865-0056.