The dearth of supporting evidence for flossing is the reason we’re all flossing incorrectly. As Dr. Ranjitha of Green Meadow Dental, Newington, CT 06111 says, “By flossing every night of every week, your teeth, bank balance and general health will cry out ‘Thank You Master…. THANK YOU!’
The Do’s of Flossing
- Ensure that you floss systematically. This will guarantee that you will not miss a single tooth. Always begin in one position and proceed to the next tooth and so on and so forth.
- Just because the front set of teeth need less maneuvering as compared to the ones located at the very back, doesn’t mean you ignore the back benchers! Do floss all your teeth diligently.
- Do use a good length (recommended 18 inches) of dental floss to gently wipe down the side of your teeth. Do not try to floss in a hurry and in the process saw your gums and hurt yourself.
- Remove the used bit of floss and wrap on to a fresh piece of floss to continue working your way around the mouth. If you keep flossing with the same length of floss, you’re only putting the rubbish straight back from in-between one set of teeth to the next set)
- Do floss once before going to sleep so that you can rest assure knowing you have no annoying food and plaque in-between your teeth. Saliva, (our natural protection) dries up when we go to sleep. So if there happens to be any sugar, plaque and food stuck in-between our teeth then it is much more damaging during this time.
The bristles of a toothbrush cannot reach below the gum line or the tight spaces in-between teeth. Flossing is the only effective way to get rid of the decay-causing plaque in those spaces.
Families from Cromwell find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of Dr. Mukund. To book an appointment or for more information contact Green Meadow Dental at 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111 (860)-865-0056. We also service patients from surrounding areas including East Berlin, Glastonbury and Meriden.