Losing your teeth before time can lead to serious problems. It affects the quality of life where you cannot enjoy all the foods you want. Poor nutrition might further affect your health. Missing teeth also make your facial muscles sag and alter your otherwise normal speech. Before we go ahead with the options, let’s understand the reasons behind missing teeth.
- Periodontitis/gum diseases – Any infection that affects the supporting structures of your teeth can cause tooth loss. Untreated gum diseases may destroy the alveolar bones which causes loosening of teeth and eventually its fall. At this stage some patients may need tooth extraction treatments.
- Decay in the tooth – Cavities in tooth if left untreated can destroy the tooth structures and supporting bones.
- Trauma to teeth – Traumatic injury to teeth can cause immediate loss. Damage to the root or tooth pulp may require tooth extraction. Using protective guards while playing sports can minimize trauma injuries to the mouth.
- Para functional habits – Nail biting, bruxism or teeth grinding may wear your teeth down. It may also cause fractures which can require tooth extraction.
- Not addressing the missing teeth – Not replacing the missing teeth can result in additional tooth loss. Also, gaps between teeth may cause drifting of teeth in the mouth resulting in malocclusions.
Tooth solutions at Newington, CT:
- Dentures – Single, several or all of your missing teeth can be replaced by removable partial or full dentures.
- Fixed bridges – If there are an adequate number of teeth that are healthy and strong, missing teeth can be replaced by using fixed bridges. Adjacent teeth are prepped to act as supporting structures to make room for prosthetic teeth which is suspended between these supporting teeth.
- Dental implants – It is a permanent treatment option to replace missing teeth. In this treatment option titanium screws are inserted into the jaw to act like supporting roots for the false teeth.
To get affordable dentures or dental bridge , contact Green Meadow Dental at 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111, phone: (860)- 865- 0056. Families from Portland find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of our dentist- Dr. Mukund.We also service patients from neighboring areas including Berlin, Farmington and Rocky Hill.