Tooth decay is a common and widely prevalent dental problem amongst children and teens. The reasons for the high prevalence of cavities in this group are numerous, unhealthy diet and poor oral hygiene topping the list. No matter how picky you are with the food you give your little one, you will find at some point of time decay eating away your child’s teeth. Definitely, food modifications and practicing good oral hygiene techniques do help in keeping germs from attacking your child’s teeth, but to bolster your efforts and add an extra layer of protection you can get dental sealants applied to your child’s teeth. Here are a few facts about dental sealants you may not have known –
- Made of bio-friendly plastic material which forms a protective coating on the surface of the tooth
- Applied only on the chewing surface of the teeth which has deep grooves and ditches
- Do not require digging, drilling, excavation or removal of tooth material
- Do not require anaesthesia, sedation or scary needles as it is a completely non-invasive and painless procedure
- Take a single appointment and a few minutes for the dentist to do the job
- Clear and white matching the color of the tooth surface. Hence, virtually invisible to the eye
- Can last up to 5-10 years if good oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups are followed
- Do not interfere in chewing, biting or speech
- Can be easily replaced if they pop out or break apart
- Can be used in adults who are highly susceptible to tooth decay, although less commonly recommended.
Dental sealants are one option for protecting young teeth against germ attack but not a permanent solution against decay. You will still need to continue monitoring your child’s eating habits and maintain good oral hygiene to prevent the occurrence of dental diseases.
To get dental sealants for your child, contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111; phone:(860)-865-0056.Families from Hartford find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of Dr. Mukund We also serve patients from neighboring areas which include Farmington, Southington and Glastonbury.