Dental veneers are fine, custom-made shell-like materials mostly made of porcelain/ceramic/composite resins designed to cover tooth surfaces to improve their colour, texture and size. The composite material used for the veneers are prepared as per the desirable dimensions and properties and sculpted over the selected tooth/tooth set. The procedure can take up to three or more sittings depending upon the treatment planning and procedure. Dental veneers are known to be good alternatives to dental crowns as veneers follow a much conservative approach as far as the tooth’s colour, size and shape are concerned to mask the undesirable factors in them. Veneers are normally recommended for the following teeth abnormalities:
- Chipped/ broken/worn-down teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Discoloured teeth due to dental procedures that involve the usage of excessive fluorides/ tetracycline stains or any resin fillings that have affected the tooth colour.
- Gaps between the teeth
The basic procedure of this dental laminate primarily involves the diagnosis, treatment planning and bonding of veneer. The new set of veneers gets accustomed within two weeks or so. Some of the other benefits of dental veneers are:
- Veneers can be used to cover almost all kinds of dental imperfections from chipped tooth to a discoloured, misaligned tooth.
- Veneers made of porcelain are very well tolerated by gum tissues and these materials have shown resistance to stains as well.
- Veneers are generally user-friendly as they do not require any extensive shaping before the procedure.
- They are extremely durable, scratch-resistant and are known to be very effective and economical replacements of natural teeth.
- They can last for at least a decade of wear in most patients.
Although natural teeth need to be altered a little bit in order to fit the veneers, it is still a better option than a dental crown as it does not change the shape of the tooth as much as for a crown. Increase the longevity of veneers through good oral health practices to get a perfect smile and boost your self-esteem.
For cosmetic dentistry services, contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111; call: (860)-865-0056. Many people from Southington come to our office because we are conveniently located next to Target. Our flexible hours and family dental practice makes it easy for busy families to schedule visits for both parents and children. We also serve neighbouring areas which include East Berlin, Rocky Hill and Meriden.