Everything you eat affects your body, for better or for worse, including your mouth and teeth. Proper eating habits and oral practices are therefore, very critical in maintaining good oral hygiene that leads to a perfect smile.
According to our Newington dentist, following are the 5 most important tips that will help you to achieve a healthier and brighter smile:
- Brush and floss – Brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day to prevent plaque formation and accumulation of disease-causing bacteria in the mouth.
- Avoid harmful foods and drinks – There are plenty of foods that can harm your teeth and oral cavity, causing staining of teeth too. Cutting down on or avoiding excess of coffee, tea, acidic and sugary food will help to maintain a brighter smile.
- Eat more of fruits and vegetables – Include more of crunchy fruits and vegetables in your diet as they naturally ex-foliate stains on the teeth.
- Visit your dentist – Getting teeth cleaned professionally on a regular basis will prevent tartar build-up and gum diseases.
- Quit smoking – As smoking is one of the major causes for staining of teeth, quitting smoking will help to maintain a brighter smile.
In case you need more information regarding teeth whitening please feel free to contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111 (860)-865-0056. Families from Farmington find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of Dr. Mukund. We also service patients from surrounding areas including Portland, Berlin and Southington.