Brushing and flossing do help us to keep our teeth and gums free of germs and food debris but there are times when these practices are not enough to give us a bright, fresh smile. The reason for this can be that through brushing you can only achieve superficial cleaning of the visible surfaces of the teeth while the hard-to-reach areas remain untouched. The anatomy of our teeth and mouth is such that incomplete cleaning and removal of debris is an inevitable occurrence. Hence, it is pertinent that professional help is sought in order to maintain optimal hygiene of the mouth and prevent oral diseases.
Below are some of the benefits of professional teeth cleaning:
- Prevents tooth decay –The thin plaque provides an ideal environment for germs to reside and break down the food you eat into destructive acids. These acids gradually destroy the tooth structure to create deep holes or caves called cavities.
- Prevents and eliminates gum diseases – Inflammation of the gums (gingivitis) and deep pockets between teeth (periodontitis) are primarily caused by accumulation of plaque and tartar on the tooth surfaces. Brushing alone cannot help you get rid of these thick layers of grime, thus only professional teeth cleaning can eliminate them.
- Prevents tooth loss – The penultimate consequence of a gum disease is loosening and loss of teeth. As the bacterial load increases in the plaque layer, they penetrate deep around the teeth destroying the supporting bone and connective tissues. The chances for such a catastrophe to occur can be greatly minimised by going through a thorough teeth cleaning regimen at the dentist’s office.
- Stops bad breath – Accumulation of food particles between the teeth and on the tongue is one of the major reasons of bad breath. Germs digest this food debris producing obnoxiously foul smelling gas called sulphur which linger in the oral cavity embarrassing you every time you open your mouth.
- Removes stains – Coffee, tea, tobacco or wine stains on the teeth can be completely washed away by professional teeth cleaning and leave your teeth polished and shiny.
- Prevents systemic diseases – Several studies have shown that oral diseases are linked to many other diseases occurring in the rest of the body such as heart disease, stroke, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. Regular cleaning has the potential to reduce the risk of these diseases.
- Boosts self-confidence – Having a prefect smile with white shiny teeth without bad mouth odor can give a rocket boost to your self-confidence. You will no longer have to be embarrassed to smile or converse, nor do you have to shy away from kissing your loved one!
- Saves money – Remember the adage – “prevention is better than cure”? Identifying and preventing oral diseases at an early stage is not only beneficial for your health but also avoids shelling out tons of money later when the disease has reached an advanced stage. Bad oral hygiene has far reaching effects on your overall health which can add up to your costs exponentially. Hence it is wise to spend some on prevention than empty your bank account on cure!
To get professional teeth cleaning done, contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579B Berlin Turnpike, Newington CT 06111, call: (860)-865-0056. Many people from Berlin come to our office because we are conveniently located next to Target. Our flexible hours and family dental practice makes it easy for busy families to schedule visits for both parents and children.We also serve neighboring areas including Glastonbury, Southington and Meriden.