Summer is all about sandy beaches, family and vacations times. With lots happening this season, chances are that you smile a lot. And to show off what you’ve got, it’s essential you take good care of your pearly whites. Summer especially is one season when we indulge in different kinds of beverages. Good or bad for teeth is hardly a thought that crosses our mind while we quench our thirst. Food choices too matter while taking care of your oral hygiene. We have compiled some tips for you to get ready with that dazzling smile-
- Regular dental check-ups are a must. It is recommended to see a dentist for deep cleaning and examination every six months.
- Cut back on beverages like tea and coffee as they causestaining of teeth. Yes we know you love your sodas but try to cut down on it as these cause erosion of teeth enamel making it more susceptible to staining and yellowing.
- Dump that sugar. Increased intake of sugars is also responsible fortooth decay. Replace sugar with artificial sweeteners or natural ones like honey which is known for its health boosting abilities.
- Drink plenty of water. Water not only satisfies your thirst but also calms your soda cravings.
- Basic dental hygiene with regular brushing and flossing can help too. Flossing compliments teeth brushing at all levels. It not only promotes healthy gums but also can remove any left-over food debris. Food particles stuck in between teeth are one of the major reasons for tooth decay.
- Increase the intake of dairy products. Strengthen your teeth with calcium sources like cheese, milk and yogurt.
- Take more fiber. Foods and vegetables with more fibre content increases saliva flow in the mouth, rinsing the mouth off any left-over food and decay causing bacteria. Also, saliva contains small amounts of calcium and phosphate which can replace the lost minerals in teeth due to regular wear and tear.
To know more about how we can help you brighten your smile during this summer, contact Green Meadow Dental at 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111, or call: (860)- 865- 0056. Families from Berlin find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of Dr. Mukund. We also service patients from neighboring areas including Hartford, Glastonbury and Portland.