Tooth extraction is a common yet crucial dental procedure for removing decayed, infected or impacted teeth. You may want to know what precautions have to be taken before opting for a tooth extraction.
You may want to ask your dentist these eight questions listed by Dr.Ranjitha:
- How many teeth need to be extracted? How long will the procedure take?
- What type of sedation will be used? Will it be local anaesthesia or sedation anaesthesia?
- Are there any risks if you have certain heart conditions such as rheumatic heart disease, endocarditis or a history of heart surgery?
- What precautions should you take if you have impaired immunity (HIV/AIDS or leukaemia)?
- If you smoke, how smoking can affect the healing process?
- What are the risk factors involved if you are suffering from diseases like diabetes, bleeding disorders or liver disease?
- What precautions should be taken before and after tooth extraction procedure? What additional precautions have to be taken if you are pregnant?
- How long will it take you to recover? By when you can resume your normal activities?
In case you have more questions regarding tooth extraction, watch our video below or contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111.(860)-865-0056. Many people from Glastonbury come to our office because we are conveniently located next to Target. Our flexible hours and family dental practice makes it easy for busy families to schedule visits for both parents and children. We also service patients from surrounding areas including Berlin, Hartford and Cromwell.