5 Fun Facts About ToothBrushes“The toothbrush is the main dental tool used for cleaning our teeth and thus plays a vital role in preventing dental and gum diseases”, says by Dr. Ranjitha Mukund, Green Meadow Dental, 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111.
Dental products have come a long way through the years…from hog bristle toothbrushes to the latest electric ones. Here are some facts you may find interesting.
- The first toothbrush with bristles was manufactured in China in 1498 where the bristles from hogs, horses and badgers were used. The first commercial toothbrush was made in 1938.
- The average person spends about 48 seconds per day brushing teeth; however, dentists recommend at least 2–3 minutes per day.
- The most popular toothbrush color used universally is blue.
- The common practice of putting a cap on toothbrush is actually more harmful as the moisture entrapped in the cap can favor bacterial growth.
- Most people use a toothbrush for more than 3–4 months, whereas it is recommended to change the brush every 2 months. Changing brush regularly helps to prevent gum infections and keep your teeth clean.
We hope you find the above toothbrush facts interesting and helpful!
To know more about other interesting facts on dental care or book a oral hygiene appointment, contact Dr. Ranjitha Mukund, Green Meadow Dental, 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111 (860)-865-0056.Families from Hartford find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of Dr. Mukund. We also service patients from surrounding areas including Portland, Farmington and Berlin.
Watch our video to know more about selecting the right toothbrush.